Did you know that there are 64 dental schools in the US? There are over 20,000 students at these schools, and many of them are wondering what the benefits are of joining a dental hygiene association. In the USA, the leading dental association is the ADA, or American Dental Association, which has more than 150,000 members, and many more associations exist at the state level. What are several benefits you will likely receive for being a member of dental hygiene associations?
1. For students who are members of a dental association, they can often take part in study help and lesson discounts for professional licensing exams, such as the National Dental Hygiene Board Exam.
2. Dental hygiene associations encourage professional development. Since the point of associations is to promote better oral care, they help dentists to access the latest information and studies about enhancing health and adhering to dentistry standards. Dentists can improve their practice by incorporating the latest research results into their patient treatments.
3. Members usually receive discounts and savings for commonly used personal and professional services. These affiliate discounts range from auto insurance to magazine subscriptions, and everything in between.
4. Dental associations usually publish dental hygiene magazines that members can receive. Publications can help dentists keep on top of changes in the industry, allowing them to stay competitive in their services offered, as well as most able to provide the best possible care for their patients.
5. Being able to say you are a dentist who belongs to a dental association enhances your reputation, and reaffirms to patients that you are someone who cares about their well being.
6. Being part of dental associations at the city, state, or national level allows members to help advocate for better public oral health policies.