Now Is the Time to Use Cosmetic Dentistry to Improve Your Appearance
It was a comment that is hard to forget.
You were subbing in a classroom full of children you had known for a long time. As a room full of first through third graders, you had been substitute teaching the majority of these children since there were three years old and where in preschool.
The comment was made as you had the whole class lined up at the door getting ready to go out for recess. Almost everyone was quiet when the third student in line said, “Why is that one tooth crooked and a different color?”
Now, it was silent. Used to dodging all kinds of questions as you made your way through several classrooms as you subbed in classrooms of all ages, you simply explained that was a chipped tooth from when you were little. Your answer set of a flurry of conversations about every tooth story imaginable. One child spoke of loosing his first tooth last weekend. A third grade girl enthusiastically told the story of a bike crash that chipped bot of her top two teeth.
It took several more minutes to quiet the children again so that you could finally make the way through the school hallways to the playground. And while the students were several conversations, giggles, and questions beyond the comment about your tooth, you could not move on. In fact, you worried about the tooth so much that you found yourself looking at it, and nothing else, any time you were in front of a mirror.
Cosmetic Dentistry Allows You to Look in the Mirror with a Smile
In a time when Americans are living longer than ever, the need for cosmetic dentistry is growing. Did you know, for instance, that 96% of adults say an attractive smile makes a person more appealing to members of the opposite sex? This attractive smile also improves self esteem and helps people find success at work as well. So the question involving cosmetic dentistry is not about if, but more about when. When will you make the decision to take control of your appearance? When will you schedule the dental appointment to finally fix that misaligned tooth that you have been dealing with since you chipped it during a childhood accident?
If you need a dentist to help you determine the cosmetic dentistry procedures that can help you the most, sooner is always better than later. Making the decision to move from general dental care to the cosmetic dentistry that can help you meet each day with a genuine, confidence building smile. Consider some of these statistics about Americans current dental habits:
- 18% of people indicate that they typically conceal their teeth in photos.
- 20.5% of men indicate that they brush their teeth after every meal.
- 22% of people indicate that they claim to floss daily.
- 28.7% of women indicate that they brush their teeth after every meal.
- 32% of people indicate that they are ?concerned by the look of their teeth.?
- 49% of men indicate that they brush their teeth twice a day.
- 56.8% of women indicate that they brush their teeth twice a day.
- 74% of Americans indicate that they have some form of periodontal disease.
- 74.6% men indicate that they have a dentist.
- 75% of people indicate that they do not replace their toothbrushes as often as they should.
- 78% of people indicate that they had a cavity by age 17.
- 82.5% of people indicate that they saw a noticeable difference after having their teeth whitened by a dentist.
- 89.2% of women indicate that they have a dentist.
More than 50% of the over 50 adult U.S. population indicates a smile is the one physical feature that stays the most attractive as we age. This statistic by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry alone should encourage you to take the first step toward seeing what you can do to make your smile the best. It is an unfortunate fact that the majority of people wait as long as three years between dental appointments. This time gap, even with daily brushing and flossing, creates many of the problems that lead to cosmetic dentistry needs.
Instead of rehearing the comment about your misaligned tooth repeat itself in your head, a cosmetic dentistry appointment will solve the problem.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.